Saturday, August 12, 2017

Meditation Insights 8-12-2017 - Loving Your Body

During meditation time today, I began to once again have pain in my neck from degenerative disc disease. I stopped the meditation momentarily to perform some more of the AccuBalancing Technique. This time the phrase that came to me was "I apologize to my body for not loving it all these years." After several rounds of tapping, the pain began to subside again.

Back to meditation. The thoughts that began to arise were that I have never loved my body. I've always felt it was a hindrance to me. It didn't behave as it was supposed to. It didn't look beautiful. It was untrustworthy, unreliable. There was nothing I liked about it. 

I spent the rest of the meditation time cultivating a deep sense of respect for my body and the job it's been doing all these years. When I nearly died, my body fought to stay present. It continues to communicate to me even when I'm not listening. It tries to give me guidance. It loves me even when I don't love it. 

And yet, I am not my body. 


Send us email - unhinderedliving@gmail.com

Copyright  Judie C. McMath and The Center for Unhindered Living

No comments: