Saturday, August 12, 2017

"My Body Wants to Support Me with Good Health" - AccuBalancing Technique


According to x-rays, I have degenerative disc disease. Occasionally it flairs up. I can pretty well tolerate the pain in my lower back, but when it starts to become concentrated in my neck area, that's like scraping your fingernails down a chalkboard to me. It's painful and it just grates on your nerves.

For the last three days that pain has been growing. Today the pain radiates up the right side of my neck, into my jaw and up into the right side of my head. It aches and throbs. I actually considered going to the emergency room, but knew there's nothing they can do but give me a shot of narcotics. And that's only a temporary solution, really not a solution at all. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst, my pain this afternoon was at a 10. I was crying and moaning.

So I decided to put my money where my mouth is and use ABT (The AccuBalancing Technique). It's a technique in which you tap on certain energy centers or acupressure points while saying an affirmation that helps you focus on your issue.

What did I have to lose? I was in agony.

The first phrase I used to tap on was simply, "Even though I have this severe pain in my head, I thoroughly love, accept and forgive myself." 

Two rounds of tapping on that and I changed to:  "Even though it hurts so bad, I thoroughly and completely love, accept and forgive myself." 
.
After that, I was simply pleading "Make the pain go away" and tapping on each point.

I noticed at that point that the pain had reduced by about 50%.  Then I changed simply to "I deserve to be pain-free." At that point it dropped to a 2. 

Then finally I said "My body wants to support me with good health." I tapped on that with two rounds, and now, at this moment, the pain is at about a 1/2. And that's something I can live with.

This all happened in a matter of moments. And I'd been experiencing this pain for the last three days, and it just finally escalated until I couldn't stand it anymore. 

So what will I do now? Do some tapping every day to keep that part of my psyche clear from erroneous beliefs. Beliefs like "I've abused my body all these years and I don't deserve good health." or "Unless I lose weight, I don't deserve good health." Things like that. 

And with those beliefs I can do The Work. "I don't deserve good health." Is it true?

When I think the thought "I don't deserve good health" my body responds by making sure I don't have it.

This pain-free state lasted about an hour and a half. The pain started to creep back in so I did another round of tapping on "Even though the pain is flaring up again, I thoroughly and completely love, accept and forgive myself." As well as "I deserve to be pain-free" and "My body wants to support me with good health." The pain again dropped to it's previous 1/2 rating.

When this happens, it's obvious that there other underlying issues that have not been addressed. You should devote further time to discovering other issues that need attention.


Learn the basics of The Work

Learn the basics of The AccuBalancing Technique

For more info about The Work of Byron Katie


Like us on Facebook!

Listen to our Podcast

Please go to the bottom the page and click subscribe to get notifications when we post new content, or subscribe to our feed.

Have something to say about this? Leave a comment. Join the discussion.

No comments: